Bananas are my all around favorite fruit. Yayaya I really like bananas. They are so sweet and delicious and man I just really like bananas. PS- I really like the browner bananas. When they’re still green they taste gross to me. Blech.
I love banana bread. It’s one of my favorite things to eat! There’s something about the natural sweetness mixing with the sugar that makes banana bread divine. These are totally healthy too!
Check out these nutrition stats!
I followed Courtney’s Basic Banana Muffins recipe and I knew it would turn out perfectly because, let’s be honest, her recipes are always perfect
Basic Banana Muffins
(Makes 12 muffins)- From Courtney
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 oil unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose + 1/2 cup whole wheat
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas (I had 3, so I used them all)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat milk, bananas, applesauce, and egg with wire whisk until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt all at once just until flour is moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool. ENJOY!
Mix together the wet ingredients…
Add the dry…
Mix together! PS- I spy some Girl Scout cookies
Pause to tell my little beggar dog that no, she can’t have any (and then give in and let her have the bottom end of the leftover banana)
Divide the batter and sprinkle with cinnamon!
Let’s dig in! Banana muffins are delicious and soft enough for me in my sad, poor state to eat Betcha know what I’m eating for snacks today!
Do you like bananas?
What are your favorite banana recipes?